Monday, May 7, 2012

Cookie Pick-Me-Up

I had my last final this morning, so I am finished with my second year of law school!  Phew.  Two down, one to go.  Let the summer begin!

Exam time can be pretty stressful and draining, to say the least.  But something always manages to perk me up:  cookies!  I made these single-serving peanut butter cookies twice this past week.  I've mentioned before that I don't like to keep sweets or junk food around because I could easily eat everything in one sitting.  Making a single-serving dessert is a great option for me - it limits my portion, and it forces me to decide if I really want a treat because I have to spend a little bit more time making it.


For the peanut butter cookies, I used whole wheat pastry flour, natural peanut butter, baking soda, salt, vanilla extract, 3/4 T brown sugar, 3/4 T white sugar, and unsweetened applesauce.


Mix everything together.  (And don't forget to sample some dough!  Yum.)


Form into 2 cookies on a baking sheet (they look so lonely - I need a mini baking sheet) and bake in the oven.


And that's it!  2 perfectly gooey, warm peanut butter cookies all to yourself.  Yum.  The second time I made them I used agave instead of brown and white sugar, and I also added some chocolate chips and sprinkled some sea salt on top.  Both variations were delicious and satisfied my sweet tooth!

I'm feeling a little under the weather today and I haven't gotten a workout in.  I'd like to take it easy and go for a walk after dinner, but it's storming right now so I'm not sure if that's going to happen.  

As you might remember, I was supposed to be on the way to Florida with my mom, sister, and grandma right now, but due to some family things we had to cancel our trip.  I'm glad to be finished with school for the time being so that I can spend time with my family right now.



I packed up my plants to take to my parents' house with me, haha.


Song of the day:

"Bad Kids" by The Black Lips.  I'd really like to see them live sometime - I have a feeling they'd put on a good show.


No comments:

Post a Comment