Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Chipotle My Way

Hi!  I hope you've all had good days so far.  I realized I must have been scatter-brained all day yesterday because I completely forgot that I wanted to post this picture:

Football brownies!
I went over to my friends' apartment to watch the Super Bowl on Sunday and wanted to bring a dessert with me.  There's definitely nothing healthy about these little guys - straight outta the box - but I thought they would be a good addition to the other finger food there.  You could make them using a football cookie cutter, but since I don't have one (shocking, I know) I cut out a football shape from a piece of paper, placed it on the brownies, and used a paring knife to cut a shallow outline of the paper into the brownies.  Then I cut them out completely and set the scraps to the side (okay, I ate them).  I used a small tube of white gel icing to make the simple design.  Easy peasy!

Lunch to go.

Last night (after staying up way too late to finish my homework assignment - why does Monday night TV have to be so good?!) I made my lunch to take to school today.  I topped a whole wheat tortilla with hummus, homemade pesto (leftover from a pizza I made), cucumbers, onions, spinach, mushrooms, and black beans.  I really liked the hummus and pesto combo, and the black beans reminded me of a Chipotle burrito!

All wrapped up - pretty hefty!

After school, I hit up the gym (and tried out my new shoes - so far so good, although I did a double take when I walked by the mirror in the locker room; they're definitely eye-catching!).  I did a workout plan created by The Fitnessista.  This is the fourth and final week of her Winter Shape Up plan.  So far I've done the workouts 3 times a week for the first, second, and third weeks, and today was my first day doing the fourth workout.  It was a tough one, but it felt good to work hard.  Keeping a regular workout schedule has really helped me balance the stress of school, both physically and mentally. 

Cheeseball.  Gina (aka The Fitnessista) asked participants in the Winter Shape Up to send her a picture of us doing our favorite move last week.  I actually do love squats, but the squat/ jump squat/ burpee sequence was killer!
Random question - what is going on with my bananas?  How can they still be green and yet super spotted?  I don't mind ripe bananas because I stockpile them in the freezer and use them to make banana "ice cream" but this just doesn't make sense to me!  Scientific mystery.




I'm going to work on my next writing assignment while watching The Biggest Loser.  Usually I love the show, but this season is really not good.  The logical thing would be to stop watching... but the season's halfway over and I feel committed.  Plus, Dolvett is nice to look at.

(Source)
On that note, have a great night!

Stephanie


Song of the Day:


Earlier today I thought of including a "Song of the Day" at the end of my posts.  I'm a huge music-lover, so I figured this would be a fun way to share what I'm listening to.  If it gets old, though, I can reduce it to a "Song of the Week" or something - let me know what you think.


Today's Song of the Day is "Needing/ Getting" by OK Go.  Not only is OK Go one of my all-time favorite bands (I've seen them 11 times, I think, in 4 different states and a District) but this is quite possibly my favorite song from their most recent album, Of the Blue Colour of the Sky.  They just released the music video for "Needing/ Getting"on Sunday because it was featured in a Super Bowl commercial for Chevy, who sponsored this music video.  Hope you like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment