Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Gone Fishin'

My meals have been pretty standard recently (last slice of leftover vegetarian meatloaf last night, along with some sauteed onions, garlic, mushrooms, and spinach, oatmeal this morning, and a salad beast for lunch today).  So I've got a couple of snacks to share instead of meals:


I've been trying to have protein after I strength train, and one quick and delicious way to do that is through a protein smoothie.  Yesterday after I got home from the gym, I made a smoothie with 1 cup almond milk, 1/2 T chia seeds, 1 scoop vanilla Sun Warrior protein powder, 1 T natural peanut butter, lots of spinach, a heaping 1/2 cup of frozen pineapple, and a frozen banana.


It turned out to be a very delicious flavor combination.  Yummm.  I'm definitely getting good use out of my new blender.  It is SUPER loud, though - it sounds like a plane is taking off in my kitchen.  Ah well, no complaints from the neighbors - yet - but I won't be making any smoothies for a midnight snack.


Another favorite snack of mine, and a great source of protein, is Greek yogurt (if you didn't already guess that from my abundance of yogurt containers turned planters).  I like to top plain Greek yogurt with some dried fruit (cranberries, blueberries, cherries, goji berries, etc.) and add some dry oats (and I would have added a few chocolate chips if it weren't for Lent!).  Honey + chopped walnuts is also a wonderful combination.  So.  Good.  Random question - has anyone been to Greece?  It's definitely on my list of places to visit - every picture/ movie I've seen makes it look absolutely gorgeous.  Those white houses against the blue sea?  Divine.

My dad recently got to travel to Europe (not to Greece, though) and brought me back an ornament for my collection!


It's a wooden angel from Germany.  Can't wait to hang it on my tree at Christmas this year!

So I've mentioned that I have a bit of a magazine obsession and yesterday I let out of a little sigh when I saw that the postman couldn't fit all of my mail in my mailbox.


Except this time it wasn't my fault - those are all from Restoration Hardware!  Um those are crazy big catalogs, geeze.

This morning I went to the gym for cardio and happily indulged my new-found love of the rowing machine.  It's generally very easy to use, but I still can't figure out the display screen.  I've clicked around and tried to familiarize myself with it, but I don't think it's very user-friendly.  One time I tried out something kind of weird - a fishing game, haha.  I never did figure out how it actually worked. Although I'm sure I won :)  Ha.  And then the last time I used the machine, the display was in German!  And for the life of me I could not change it back to English.  Oh well, maybe I'll learn some German while I'm working out.


I am SO glad that spring is here (knock on wood - I can still see a freak snow storm hitting us this month).  I love seeing all of the flowers and bright green leaves when I'm walking into school.  The tulips are so pretty!

It's a sunny day here, which automatically puts me in a good mood.  Hope you're all having a good day!

Although it's sunny, the temperatures are a little cooler today, which actually makes my view prettier because it's not hazy at all and I can see Lake Erie clearly!
PS If you want to enter a giveaway for an awesome KitchenAid stand mixer, go here!


Song of the day:

A pretty song for a pretty day:  "Dream" by Priscilla Ahn.



No comments:

Post a Comment