Friday, March 9, 2012

My Bags Are Packed

I'm ready to go.


Almost, anyways.  I'm spending one night with my family to celebrate my sister's birthday, and then heading to DC bright and early tomorrow morning.


I packed up all of my healthy snacks to take with me.  From the top left, there's a Ziploc bag of carrot cake breakfast cookies and oatmeal-raisin breakfast cookies, 6 hard-boiled eggs (in an old yogurt container), my water bottle, raw nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds, and hazelnuts - the small container goes in my purse, the big container is for re-filling), amazeballz, my supplements/ vitamins (calcium + vitamin D and a B-complex vitamin), Larabars, and endurance crackers - yum!  I also picked up some bananas to take with me.  I've got tons of treats planned for next week, but hopefully these will help me to keep a decent balance.


I thought the sky looked extra blue and the clouds looked really pretty on my drive this afternoon.  Is spring finally in the air??  Yesterday it was 60 and today I woke up to snow flurries, so I really don't know.


I stopped and got this juice from my favorite health food store, Earth Fare.  It's called the Red Sunset and has beets, carrots, ginger, garlic (a little strange!), and cucumber.

Off to "party" with the family - hope you have a great night!

Reader question:  Do you have a favorite fresh juice combination?

Song of the day:

In the spirit of my trip to the East Coast, "Used to Did" by J Roddy Walston & The Business, a band from Baltimore.  J Roddy is amazing live - definitely some of the best concerts I've been to.




2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great and safe trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm having a great time! I'm planning to write a post tomorrow about how the trip is going so far :)

      Delete