Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cookie Monster

In addition to the carrot cake breakfast cookies, I also made some oatmeal-raisin breakfast cookies to take with me while I'm traveling.


These little guys are made from old-fashioned oats, mashed banana, natural peanut butter, cinnamon, pure vanilla extract, golden raisins, pinch salt, and 1 packet of stevia.


And they're tasty, especially for a breakfast option!  Like the carrot cake cookies, I wrapped these up individually in plastic wrap and threw them in a Ziploc bag in the freezer.

Today is a long day at school for me - my first class was at 8:20AM and I have to stay for a mock negotiation until 8:00PM.  On long days like this, I make sure to prepare enough food ahead of time to keep my energy up throughout the day (along with the help of some coffee).  This morning I had a breakfast cookie (I see a pattern here...) with 1/2 scoop Sun Warrior vanilla protein powder, 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats, 1 T natural peanut butter, splash of rice milk, 1/2 mashed banana, slivered almonds, dried blueberries, golden raisins, and cinnamon.

I always have a container of raw nuts with me (right now I've got pecans - so good!) and try to limit my snack portion to about 100 calories.  I also brought 3 seed and raisin balls with me, and I packed a lunch with a whole wheat wrap (filled with hummus, spinach, carrots, bell peppers, grape tomatoes, and kalamata olives) and 2 clementines.  That should tide me over until I get home and heat up some leftover stuffed peppers for dinner.

Some recent lunch wraps:

Whole wheat wrap with hummus, spinach, onions, grape tomatoes, cucumber, mushrooms, green bell pepper + 2 clementines on the side.

Spinach wrap with hummus, spinach, broccoli, sundried tomatoes, kalamata olives, and grape tomatoes. 
Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to fit a workout in today (wearing heels for the day will be the most exercise I get), but I'll be able to make it to the gym tomorrow morning before I head to my parents' house to celebrate my sister's birthday.  Then it's DC on Saturday!

I'm going to try to participate in Julie's (of Peanut Butter Fingers) book club this month.  The book is The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain if anyone else wants to join.  My plan is to have it finished and post a review before April 3.  Hopefully I'll be able to fit that in around my school work.  I always HAVE to read something non-school-related before I go to bed, it's just a matter of how much I can get through before my eyes start closing :)

Reader question:  What do you like to pack for lunches?  I tend to make the same thing over and over until I get tired of it, then move onto something else and repeat the pattern.


Song of the day:

"Modern Mystery" by Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin.  Another summery tune, and another fun band to see live.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete